Friday, September 14, 2012

1930 Buffalo Nickle

 This is the Buffalo Nickle I found today in a roll of coins at work. It's in pretty amazing condition considering it's been in circulation. It's the second one I have, and the first is in a lot worse condition. I'd been thinking of starting a blog about my coins for a while now and this set it off. I mean, I don't really collect American money over anything else. Most of my collection is foreign. It's just crazy looking through money people use and finding something like this- it makes me think of what hadn't happened when this was made. No World War II for instance. The Dust Bowl hasn't even started yet, though it's well on it's way. Pluto was confirmed as a planet that year. And it's right there in a roll of nickles. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment